The Committee are proud to announce the programme for this year’s 49th edition of the Cambridge Drama Festival, with five plays eligible for the Best New Play award.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their production to this year’s festival. With a mix of adult and junior groups, regular and new faces, it promises to be another very enjoyable and thought-provoking year. If you want further information about the this year’s Cambridge Drama Festival then you can visit our dedicated page right here.
Tickets are available from the Mumford Theatre Box Office and can be purchased online or by calling 01223 352932.
Tuesday 25 April
- Biggleswade ATS – SNOWFLAKES by Sarah Ridley (N)
- Waterbeach Community Players – THE DUMB WAITER by Harold Pinter
Wednesday 26 April
- Samuel Ward Academy – GRAHAM – THE WORLD’S FASTEST BLIND RUNNER by Mark Wheeler
- WriteOn! – PAVEMENT IS MY PILLOW by Various Writers (N)
Thursday 27 April
- Huntingdon Drama Club – ALFIE (excerpts) by Bill Naughton
- Meridian Theatre – AFTERPLAY by Brian Friel
Friday 28 April
- Swavesey Youth Theatre – WHAT ARE THEY LIKE? by Lucinda Coxon (J)
- Stagefright – THE MURDER OF RED RIDING HOOD by Andra Bishop (N) (J)
- BAWDS – ANYONE CAN DANCE by Sean Baker (N)
Saturday 29 April
- Dramawise/Sky Blue Theatre – SHAKESPEARE’S SHREW by William Shakespeare (J)
- Big Squirrel Productions – UKE BELONG TO ME by Kattreya Scheurer-Smith (N)
Followed by THE AWARDS CEREMONY
(N: eligible for the Best New Play Award)
(J: Youth Team)