25th – 29th April 2017 at 7:30pm
Mumford Theatre, East Road, Cambridge
£10/£8 per night or £30/£25 for a season ticket
Buy tickets onlineor call 01223 352932
The Cambridge Drama Festival committee are proud to announce the 49th edition of the Cambridge Drama Festival – taking place in April this year. Enjoy two or three plays each evening; have a drink at the bar; enter our quizzes and competitions; share your thoughts about the plays and enjoy hearing a critique from our professional adjudicator, Jennifer Scott-Reid (GoDA).
As per usual, the week culminates in the Festival Awards Ceremony on Saturday 29th April where Jennifer will present trophies to the winning teams and individuals to recognise their contribution during the festival. More details about all of the available awards can be seen in the awards section.
The Festival Programme
Tuesday 25 April
- Biggleswade ATS – SNOWFLAKES by Sarah Ridley (N)
- Waterbeach Community Players – THE DUMB WAITER by Harold Pinter
Wednesday 26 April
- Samuel Ward Academy – GRAHAM – THE WORLD’S FASTEST BLIND RUNNER by Mark Wheeler
- WriteOn! – PAVEMENT IS MY PILLOW by Various Writers (N)
Thursday 27 April
- Huntingdon Drama Club – ALFIE (excerpts) by Bill Naughton
- Meridian Theatre – AFTERPLAY by Brian Friel
Friday 28 April
- Swavesey Youth Theatre – WHAT ARE THEY LIKE? by Lucinda Coxon (J)
- Stagefright – THE MURDER OF RED RIDING HOOD by Andra Bishop (N) (J)
- BAWDS – ANYONE CAN DANCE by Sean Baker (N)
Saturday 29 April
- Dramawise/Sky Blue Theatre – SHAKESPEARE’S SHREW by William Shakespeare (J)
- Big Squirrel Productions – UKE BELONG TO ME by Kattreya Scheurer-Smith (N)
Followed by THE AWARDS CEREMONY
(N: eligible for the Best New Play Award)
(J: Youth Team)
Our Adjudicator – Jennifer Scott-Reid GoDA
Jennifer is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA) and of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
She has been active in local theatre for many years, and has been a member of her local group ‘Clavering Players’ for over twenty five years, as a performer, director, writer, choreographer and stage manager. She has extensive Festival experience and has directed several winning plays. 2016 was the third consecutive year in which her company has been selected to take part in the British All Winners Festival organised by the National Drama Festivals Association.
Jennifer has directed, acted and produced several plays at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. She is a founder member of ‘Act Too’ and ‘Drama Queens’.
Jennifer joined GODA in 2011 and in 2015 became a member of GODA Council.
She has adjudicated drama festivals all over the United Kingdom and is very much looking forward to adjudicating the Cambridge Drama Festival.
Further Information for groups taking part
We have provided various bits of information which can be downloaded by clicking the buttons below. If you have any further questions read these documents, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Chris Avery, Festival Secretary, on 01954 781233 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.Download an Entry Form Download the Festival Rules Help and advice for teams