THE DUMB WAITER by Harold Pinter – 25th April
‘The Dumb Waiter’ by Harold Pinter is a classic piece of theatre.
1960: two men in a basement in Birmingham. The lavatory doesn’t flush, there’s no tea, and now someone wants an Ormitha Macarounada. As the tension mounts, can things get any worse…?
Cast & Crew
Gus – Chris Shinn
Ben – Martin George
Directed by Mark Easterfield
About the group
Waterbeach Community Players (WCP) are an award winning group, situated three miles outside Cambridge. The group was formed in 1978 and present two main productions and a Pantomime every year.
They are regular performers at local drama festivals, including at Cambridge, where they have won a number of awards. Although drama is the main objective of the group, they also engage in a wide variety of social activities throughout the year.
Most of their productions take place at Waterbeach School three times a year (January, May and November) and, as is the case with all local groups, they are always on the lookout for new members.
Contact Julie Petrucci on 01223 880023 or email email@example.com for more information.
Recent achievements at the festival
- 2015 – HEARTS AND ARROWS (Best New Play)
- 2014 – LADY GLANVILLE’S FRITILLARY (2nd Place, Best Stage Presentation, Backstage Award)
- 2013 – THE STATEMENT (Best Actress – Emelia Marshall-Lovesey)
- 2012 – SEARCHING (Adjudicator’s Award)
- 2011 – ARRIVAL (Best Stage Presentation)
- 2010 – ANNIVERSARY (2nd Place)