As the final curtain is lowered, it's time to remenice about the 2019 Cambridge Festival of Drama and of course - the award winners.
Thank you to all of the groups that took part, our audiences for the support, and congratulations to Corkscrew Theatre, Combined Actors and St John's Players for coming first, second and third respectively.
After four sessions of interesting a diverse theatre, our adjudicator Chris Jaeger praised the festival’s organisation and friendliness. He particularly commended the fact that teams supported one another and were clearly there to make the festival a true celebration of theatre.
The awards given on the final night were as follows:
- First Place - THE PORTRAIT, Corkscrew Theatre Company
- Second Place - ESCAPED ALONE, Combined Actors of Cambridge
- Third Place - I DID IT MY WAY, St John's Players
- Best Individual Performance - Rosemary Eason, ESCAPED ALONE, Combined Actors of Cambridge
- Best Supporting Performance - Alice Heydinger, THE TAXI DRIVERS PRINCESS, Waterbeach Theatre Company - WTC
- Best Technical Achievement - the Set for THE PORTRAIT, Corkscrew Theatre Company
- Best New Play - THE PORTRAIT, Corkscrew Theatre Company
- Adjudicators Award - the live music for THE PORTRAIT, Corkscrew Theatre Company