Congratulations to the winners of the 2023 Cambridge Festival of Drama!
- First Place – Desdemona (Huntingdon Drama Club)
- Second Place – These Are The Days (SMP Theatre)
- Third Place – Fake or Fortune (Settlement Players)
- Best Individual Performance – Paula Incledon-Webber as Emilia, Desdemona (Huntingdon Drama Club)
- Best Supporting Performance – Jen Spencer as Bianca, Desdemona (Huntingdon Drama Club)
- Best Technical Achievement – Jasper Squire, These are the Days (SMP Theatre)
- Best New Play – Fake or Fortune (Settlement Players)
- Adjudicators Award – Alice Fewtrell as Leah, DNA (Swavesey Village College)
Whilst winning one of our trophies is a highlight for many, we just love the fact that there are still groups out there that are up for challenging themselves and making the Festival a celebration of local amateur theatre. Without the groups, there’d be no Festival – so thank you to everyone who took part!
Thank you too to our wonderful audiences who turned up and watched the plays, listened intently to the adjudicator’s comments, and helped create an atmosphere of appreciation that was felt by all the teams.
Finally we’d like to offer our thanks to Tristan Marshall, our adjudicator – who did a fantastic job at summarising and offering his thoughts on all of the plays.
We’re already thinking about 2024, which will take place roughly at the same time next year. We hope to see you all there.